macbook hdd replaced redownload itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brendu, Jan 3, 2010.

1. brendu macrumors 68020

so a friends macbook just had a new HDD put in it by the geniuses... she backed up her important files but not her music... i know itunes should let her re-download all her purchased music, but when i click "store" -> "check for available downloads" nothing comes up.. her itunes account is active and she is logged in, so im not sure why it will not find her music... any thoughts?

on a side note, is there a FREE app that will allow me to transfer her music from her ipod touch to her macbook? I know i can get some good ones for like $20 but since im only doing this once id rather not pay...

2. brendu thread starter macrumors 68020

So after some more searching it seems i have to request from apple to re-download my music and hope that the powers that be will allow another download...

this is why i never buy my music from apple.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

One word. Backup

Even after you purchase your music, itunes recommends you back up your music. Don't blame apple for not doing what you should have done.

4. brendu thread starter macrumors 68020

...she doesnt have an external hdd... no one is blaming apple. but we could since her hard drive crashed on her... thanks for the help by the way

5. akwarner macrumors member