Resolved Macbook HDD Space Dwindling

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hssky97, Mar 22, 2012.

1. hssky97, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012

hssky97 macrumors regular

Just the other day I deleted around 30 gigabytes worth of data on my HDD, around a week later I got a notification saying my startup disk is full... That's impossible, I didn't download any files in the past week. I just deleted After Effects CS4(955.55mb) because I have CS5 and found it pointless to have CS4.... Two minutes later I only have 53.8mb left on my HDD. WTF? What's going on? How can it be resolved?

Please Respond Soon,

-H :apple:

2. simsaladimbamba

3. hssky97 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, Downloaded Disk Inventory X, that's all I really have room for now. It's indexing the drives file contents now.... I'll post back with results/questions... Thanks again

4. hssky97 thread starter macrumors regular

Found the problem.... had over 35 Gigabytes worth of mail messages.... I don't see why the Mac Mail app would store them on the HDD....shouldn't they be on the Mail Client's server? So, I deleted the files and had to set up mail again. Anyway, problem resolved.... for now anyway. The process was very simple, I can believe I didn't do that in the first place! Thanks for showing me those programs! Disk inventory X, great tool. Thanks!!! :D