macbook hdtv trouble shooting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by reddenjoey, Jun 5, 2011.

1. reddenjoey macrumors newbie

Ive had my new MB connected to my hdtv via mini display port to hdmi adapter several times and all of a sudden it just stopped working the screen on my MB still turns blue when i plug it in but i can not get a pic on the tv is there any settings that could have been changed or need to be changed ?? Thanks

2. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

You could try toggling between screen mirror and screen extending. Mine was funky like that once and that got it working.

3. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

This has happened to me before. Your MBP screen turns blue when it's trying to detect what's going on on the other screen (the HDTV here). Think of it as refreshing. I'd try changing the resolution if you can, toggle mirroring, or if you can get a display signal on your MBP when you plug into the HDTV, try "Detect Displays".

4. reddenjoey thread starter macrumors newbie

It doesnt even let me get to that, before I clicked System Preferences> Display> Gather Windows, and it would show my tv in the window I would click on my tv and mirrow but now I dont have that option

5. reddenjoey thread starter macrumors newbie

6. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

Try unplugging the HDMI cable from the mDP to HDMI adaptor and replugging it. When that has happened to me this fixed it.