Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mugtastic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
hi folks. i've recently noticed the audio from my 1st gen. white macbook's headphone out has a short echo on all audio (itunes, web, movies).

it is not present with same headphones/diff. source (ipod), and the sound is fine from itunes to my stereo via optical out (which i used for a long time) or via my airport express (which i've recently switched to). i hear it with all my different headphones.

i've also just upgraded to leopard. i'm not sure if this was happening before in tiger or not. it's subtle but noticable - especially when you stop the audio - the echo remains for a split second - it's obvious compared to stopping the audio listening though the airport.

bass and treble also seem messed up a bit but i'm less sure of that.

anyone heard of such thing? thought i'd ask before i go to the apple store and compare. thanks - matt.

kmg1

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2008
Hi mugtastic, did you ever get the echo problem solved? I have a similar problem.

I have a similar problem. The sound on my macbook started to echo 2 days ago. Both in mac and in windows. It happened when for sound but right now only for skype.The person I am speaking to has an echo. When I tried a skype test with my own voice it was the same.

djcoast

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
same problem

its just the headphone jack. its started 2 days ago out of no where.
the audio echoes. audio latency of some kind. please help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.