Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SiiMpLeBeAUTy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
Hey,
Im a newbie! And I got some issues with my Black Macbook that i am sure you all can help me with.
1.) the isight says that its not connected or something like that. When I open up iChat it wont work.
2.) the Hinge is totally not working at all. I dont know if you have any suggestions that would help with this issue.

If you guys need more info I can provide them.

Thanks

-SiiMpLeBeAUTy

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
For the iSight, first thing to do is try to reset the SMC of the computer. To do that, remove the battery and any other devices connected to the MacBook, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. Reseat the battery and start up again and see if that helps. Hopefully that helps it. If it still doesn't work check to see that the iSight is even detected in System Profiler.

Apple>About This Mac>More Info

Click on USB on the left panel and look under one of the "USB High Speed Bus" on the right. If it is detected, resetting SMC should work. If not then the iSight isn't being detected and you might have to get it repaired.

eman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2007
In the great white north
If the isight camera is not working in photobooth as well, you can buy a used isight camera on ebay and replace it.
If you have broken hinge/hinges, you can buy hinges on ebay as well. You can find instructions on ifixit.com to help with the replacements of these two items.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
If the iSight is not being detected and the hinges are broken, it could well be that the cable going from the logic board to the camera itself in the display housing has been damaged as a result of the broken hinges, and therefore would be a much more involved repair.

SiiMpLeBeAUTy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.