MACBOOK HELP WITH iSIGHT AND HINGES

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SiiMpLeBeAUTy, Jan 3, 2010.

1. SiiMpLeBeAUTy macrumors newbie

Hey,
    Im a newbie! And I got some issues with my Black Macbook that i am sure you all can help me with.
    1.) the isight says that its not connected or something like that. When I open up iChat it wont work.
    2.) the Hinge is totally not working at all. I dont know if you have any suggestions that would help with this issue.

If you guys need more info I can provide them.

Thanks

-SiiMpLeBeAUTy

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

For the iSight, first thing to do is try to reset the SMC of the computer. To do that, remove the battery and any other devices connected to the MacBook, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. Reseat the battery and start up again and see if that helps. Hopefully that helps it. If it still doesn't work check to see that the iSight is even detected in System Profiler.

Apple>About This Mac>More Info

Click on USB on the left panel and look under one of the "USB High Speed Bus" on the right. If it is detected, resetting SMC should work. If not then the iSight isn't being detected and you might have to get it repaired.

3. eman macrumors 6502a

If the isight camera is not working in photobooth as well, you can buy a used isight camera on ebay and replace it.
    If you have broken hinge/hinges, you can buy hinges on ebay as well. You can find instructions on ifixit.com to help with the replacements of these two items.

4. cubeeggs macrumors member

5. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

If the iSight is not being detected and the hinges are broken, it could well be that the cable going from the logic board to the camera itself in the display housing has been damaged as a result of the broken hinges, and therefore would be a much more involved repair.

6. SiiMpLeBeAUTy thread starter macrumors newbie

7. SiiMpLeBeAUTy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tips guys!! Although none have helped thus far I want to thank yall a lot!!
    Have you ever opened your comp before? Cz while opening it, there was this really tight middle screw I don't know if you know what I'm talking about and without taking that out the middle of the keyboard won't lift! Any ideas??