Macbook hinge noise

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Caris, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

I just got my new white unibody Macbook in the post today and I have one small problem.

When I open the lid the hinge makes a little click noise every time it goes past the vertical position. It doesn't happen when I close it just open. The noise is very quiet, it's not loud or anything like that. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had a problem like this before?

I'm pretty sure it's cause the laptop is new and it will just go away but I just wanted to quickly ask on here but I spend all day putting my data on the machine and settings it up.

Thanks.

2. zachhwilliams macrumors newbie

Sounds Similar

I can hear a slight click on may MacBook (Aluminum Unibody) whenever I lift my MacBook on an angle, don't think it's the hinge. I would guess (probably totally wrong) that it would be the hard drive writing arm clicking when it is in a different position, not sure, if anyone knows the answer it'd be great to know.

3. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

its brand new, maybe because its still fresh and clicks on a certain angle? if you dont feel comfy take it to apple or wherever u bought it and explain to them you dont feel safe about the click, after spending at least 1000$ im sure they would accommodate your issue

4. deraj090 macrumors regular

find a cure for this? Or a reason for the hinge noise? I'm about to purchase one -- wanna make sure I'm not getting crap.