MacBook hlp installer could not create the folder /Volume/Macintosh HD/BaseSystem.pkg

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lillybeth, Mar 21, 2009.

1. lillybeth macrumors member

UPDATED.. i found the osx install disks for my computer.. it goes through the process then says

installer could not create the folder /Volume/Macintosh HD/BaseSystem.pkg.148K3DCF8

what does this mean.. how can fix it... or can it be fixed?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It doesn't work because you need a retail copy of Mac OS X or the disk that came with your computer. You cannot use any other.

3. lillybeth thread starter macrumors member

i have an older macbook .. or the one they had right before they came out with the new ones.. my grandfather just bought a new one i used his mac osx disks.

they are legit and straight from apple

i cant find the ones that came with my computer

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

His disks won't work. If you can't find your own, you'll have to get a new copy.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

It's a violation of the EULA to install your grandfather's OSx disks on your mac. You aren't supposed to ask for help in piracy here and we're not supposed to help you either. You can get the correct disks from Apple for about $19 each; it's called fulfillment disk. You'll get the original disks that came with the computer.

6. lillybeth thread starter macrumors member

dude what are you talking about if you look at the original post i SAID I FOUND MY DISKS THAT CAME WITH MY COMPUTER AND IT WAS INSTALLING THEN SAID

installer could not create the folder /Volume/Macintosh HD/BaseSystem.pkg

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

I simply missed your update that you said you found the disks. I see you prefer to scream at people, which is not the best way to get help. I don't help people who scream at me.

8. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

More appropriate would have been to post a response with the updated information. Most people do not read the entire thread every time they post. (In fact, I'm convinced that many people do not read any replies at all before they post for the first time, and sometimes not even the first post in the thread. That isn't directed at old-wiz, who was likely in the process of posting when you made your ill-advised edit.)

Overlooking your outburst, seeing as you have overwritten the information on what you were originally trying to do, could you please remind me? A fresh system install?