Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
As am I, Im also wondering why people wish to ban a 11 year old kid? Thats pretty sad.

I wouldn't say people WANT to ban him, if he's 11 then he HAS to be banned. Every forum I've ever joined on the entire Internet requires you to be 13 or over (why 13, I don't know); it's a legal agreement, and he agreed to it when he joined, as we all did. I'm sure it stems from a law designed to protect children on the Internet.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
As am I, Im also wondering why people wish to ban a 11 year old kid? Thats pretty sad. I just posted in another thread about putting a G5 in an iBook I think I need to go to bed.

COPPA. Perhaps the dumbest piece of legislation in United States history.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Spock said:
As am I, Im also wondering why people wish to ban a 11 year old kid? Thats pretty sad. I just posted in another thread about putting a G5 in an iBook I think I need to go to bed.
COPPA. Perhaps the dumbest piece of legislation in United States history.

Exactly. By U.S. Federal Law, websites cannot collect *ANY* information on those that they know are under 13. And signing up for an account qualifies as 'collecting information'. So you cannot allow those under 13 to sign up for an account.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Then bob is about to be banned.....from the registration agreement:

"You must be at least 13 years old to register for the MacRumors family of sites and to post in the forums."

And for an 11 year old he had a disgusting tongue about him

can someone enlighten me, or pm me on what's so bad that he said?

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Somebody close this thread.

Two threads about shoving chips into weird places is a bit much.

We aren't beating a dead horse with these types of threads, but I think the horse will get tired anyway with all the effort to shove a large object into a small space.

attachment.php

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
can someone enlighten me, or pm me on what's so bad that he said?

I think he just used rude word to describe the integrated graphics, which the mods replaced with 'annoying'.

But, he was banned for being under age 13, not specifically for the language. (That would probably just warrant a warning.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.