Macbook ideas

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by grp318, Aug 6, 2008.

1. grp318 macrumors newbie

I am new to the mac world after being a die hard PC fan. I have always liked the apple computers and getting ready to buy one in the next week. I am looking at the black macbook with the 200gb harddrive and 2gb of ram. I really want the 13in screen. I am into video editing and would like to run Final Cut, but I understand that I cant do that with the macbook. I am open to all ideas?... Please let me know what you think.

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

You can do some editing, but its not the best mac for it. Macbook pro would be more suitable for you in my opinion

3. scott85213 macrumors member

4. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

The reason that it is "Not Recommended" is that Macbook's have integrated graphics. In order to render video faster and use effects that motion offers, you really should have a standalone graphics card such as the Macbook Pro's.

5. grp318 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hummm, I really like the 13in screen. Is there any software out there that is a must have? OFfice 2008, Apature, ect. I have no idea what to look for.. I love cool programs...

6. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

Final Cut Express works fine on a macbook.
    If your serious about video editing get the macbook pro.

7. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Final Cut Pro works just fine on my Macbook.

As for must-have programs... that depends on the person, no? Perian and Flip4Mac are two tools I think every Macbook should have installed =)

8. avingochea macrumors member

Theres alot of cool apps for macbook. The first thing I install whenever I restart my macbook, or get a new one is Quicksilver. I feel crippled without quicksilver. Then theres vmware fusion, to run a virtual machine like windows.. (sometimes you just need windows... its sucks.. but its the sad truth) I'm at work so I can't look at what I have, and thats all I can think of off the top of my head.. all I can think about is ITS FRIDAY AND I'm ALMOST OUT OF HERE!!!