MacBook, iMac & iPhone together...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by K1N6, May 17, 2009.

1. K1N6 macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook that I take to the fire station with me. I found myself using it more and more because I'm there so often. Originally I used my iMac for everything. It was super organized and set up exactly how I wanted it. Now my MacBook is my main computer. I've downloaded 25+ apps for it, countless songs and pictures, I installed 4GB RAM. It is the perfect laptop in my opinion!

The iMac is gathering dust. I want to trick it out like the macbook but I just don't want to spend the time doing it. Searching for all the apps and trying to configure quicksilver. (I think it configured itself!) My wife's and I iPhones are set up using the iMac, I really like it being the hub of our computers. We both have access to it, our set up at home is great.

Basically all I want to know is if there is a way to make my iMac the same as my MacBook? Applications, quicksilver, everything as much as possible. Can I sync them or anything...?

Any tips would be appreciated...

2. JDee macrumors 6502a

3. K1N6 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've looked into MobileMe a little bit and it is probably my next purchase. I also have Mojo. It helps me keep my itunes looking ABOUT the same. I guess the only realistic thing I want is to be able to do is transfer all my apps to the iMac. They are all free so I wont be stealing or anything.:D

4. JDee macrumors 6502a

I don't think there is a certain application which allows you to do this.

I'm not sure - maybe someone else here can help.

5. K1N6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there a way to put all my iPhone apps from the iMac to the MacBook. The iTunes account is the same on both macs so...?

I have probably 50-75 apps on the iMac that aren't on the MacBook.