Macbook, iMovie, Graphic

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macfriend1, Jun 26, 2008.

1. macfriend1 macrumors regular

Using iMovie while cutting a movie is pretty ******. Not sure why but I export my video and I get this PIXEL-LIKE-TITELS... now, asking myself why?! It's pretty stupid, you can't really go for a big movie or something (e.g. to show it on a beamer) you always get this ****** titles... is this because of this bad graphic-card in my macbook? I own the the second latest macbook version... (the one with 80gb etc.)
    please help!

2. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

really? I have started using iMovie ALOT for editing and stuff and have never run into a problem, especially something that has to do with the pixels or the video card. But i have the latest gen. macbooks, maybe thats y?

3. macfriend1 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, it is really annoying! I don't think I do something incorrect during the export... I mean you can't do anything wrong!
    It seems taht the new generation has a better videocard in there?!

but anyways, it shouldn't be a problem to do so, right? help somebody!!!
    is it really because of the card?

4. macfriend1 thread starter macrumors regular

5. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

Are you exporting it in a different format, or compression?

E.G "Small ", "Standard", "Web"?

6. macfriend1 thread starter macrumors regular

dude, I go "no compression" original footage! that's sooo weird!

7. macfriend1 thread starter macrumors regular

8. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

You are right to say that your MacBook has a lower-grade graphics card - you have the same card as is in the Mac Mini, an Intel GMA 950 which has the ability to share only 64 megabytes of your system's main memory - likely to be one, or possibly two gigabytes in your situation, however to get such a poor performance I'm guessing you only have the then-standard one gigabyte of memory.

Whilst this shouldn't tax your system too much it appears that it is doing just that to the extent that the graphics suffer. I have some good news; you're not alone. My Mac Mini does exactly the same thing. There is bad news unfortunately; I haven't come across a fix for it yet.

The new MacBooks and the MacBook air ship with the Intel GMA X3100 which has the ability to share up to 144 megabytes of system memory with the computer, and all but the lowest MacBook now ship with two gigabytes standard system memory. When I get my MacBook this week, I'm upgrading to four gigabytes immediately - mainly because I plan to use Final Cut Express every so often.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to help with the problem but perhaps explaining whats wrong might have helped a little.

Dæmon