Macbook in the shop, 2 weeks today.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by restless~native, Mar 5, 2008.

1. restless~native macrumors newbie

I've never had repair issues take this long. It usually only takes 4-5 days when I had my iBook. My Macbook had cosmetic issues (cracked casing, discoloration) and issues with kernel panics, not sleeping even when I put it to sleep, etc. 2 weeks...is that normal?

2. AlexanderTgreat macrumors member

unfortunately apple has been taking longer and longer with repairs in the last couple years. Mine macbook has been in for over two weeks today... although I'm not too concerned as I've bought a new macbook anyway.

3. Celeron macrumors 6502a

Mine has been at the Apple store for a week so far. It was a week before that that I was waiting for the parts. So, one week waiting for parts, then brought it in, now, its been a week at the Apple store.

I'm waiting for a new LCD / logic board replacement. I was quotes 3-5 business days, which ends today. I will be calling tomorrow.

4. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I've had two send something in to Apple for a replacement/repair twice, first my iPod, then my Macbook. Both times were completely my fault, and both times, I had them back to me in 2 days. Perhaps your issues are just more tedious than the average? I'm not entirely sure..I've had nothing but good experiences with Apple's support. Have you tried calling and asking?