Macbook install disk weirdnes to Macpro (tiger)?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Macinposh, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Macinposh macrumors 6502a

So,shoved my macbooks Leopard install disc in my macpro (raid10,10.4.11) by mistake as I thought that is was shakes disk.

Improptu decided to check out how the installation would go (picking up the leopard official disks tomorrow.honestly) and restarted the computer for install.
    After choosing the language there came a text that "installation to this machine is not possible".
    Neither was it possible to eject the disk in any way.
    So after that I was stuck in a desperate loop as the computer didnt allow to choose the boot drive (raid10) either.
    After a while it finally allowed it but suprisingly it showed : disk1,disk2,disk3 and disk4... No raid.
    Hmm. After clicking the disk1 the computer started relatively normally and managed to eject the dvd.

Hmm.

Was it because :

A) The disk was macbooks specific that it does not allow to install it

B) Was there some drivers or stuff lacking or
    C) Is so that Leopard justdont want to install on a raid10 system disk?
    D) Something else?

Any input would be appreciated so that I dont end up buying a product that I cant install or whatnot.

Cheers!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. celticpride678

A. Discs that come with Macs are for that Mac only and cannot be used with any others

4. Macinposh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cheers guys! Whew! Thought that I have to do some weird raid dismantling to get the leopard up and running..

Any knowledge if apple has some rebates for SnowLeo if you buy leopard just before the snowleopard comes out? Like if you would buy a leo laptop you get the 8.99$ SL,or something?