MacBook Install Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by frango9000, Oct 31, 2009.

1. frango9000 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, i just got a Snow Leopard CD and when i started the macbook and presed c to boot the cd it booted me into a Grub... how do i get Macos installde through grub or how do i boot directly into the installer

thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What is this "grub" you're talking about?

Normally when pressing "C" while an installation DVD for Mac OS X is inserted the DVD drive, you will see the grey screen with the spinning circle for a while, and after that you get to the point where you have to select your preferred language.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You don't get there?

3. frango9000 thread starter macrumors newbie

thx for your quick reply. i found an older macos (10.4 i think) x disk and i got through some steps but it said i couldnt install, i searched and found that i cant install an older Macos than the one that came with the macbook, i lost the disks that came with thee macbook

so i used that snow leopard, pressed c and got into a comand line with "grub>"

no steps :(

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I don't know why the SL DVD would boot that way.

Have you used MRoogle (my sig) yet to find similar threads?

You could also call Apple Support and ask for replacement installation DVDs specified for your MacBook, you may need a serial or some other kind of unique identifier. My white MacBook has its specs and serial number written down inside the battery compartment.
    The following picture shows what I mean, just that I don't see those specs there.
    [​IMG]

Have you tried holding down the Option/Alt key during start up, while the DVD is inserted?
    That should give you the selection to boot from anything bootable connected to your Mac (including SL DVD)

5. frango9000 thread starter macrumors newbie

hello, it is actualy a dual layer disk i used for snowleopard. at the moment im using vista... i live at venezuela and i cant get replacement disks here... i have searched and found no one that got grub comand console on snow leopard copy disk install. any1 can help me?

6. finnschi macrumors 6502

GRUB = Linux Bootloader..... wtf are you doing oO :confused:

7. finnschi macrumors 6502

You used a wrong /Pirated image of Snow leopard, probably a version ment for OSX x86 or something.... or someone funny with a bad Linux version.. put the DVD in another mac and see if you can see the content..... or just buy Sl fpr 29$ -.- :p

8. frango9000 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes its a dowloaded copy, but comments of ppl were good... im already downloading another leopard and snowleopard just to check... if everything works fine ill get an original... can someone tell me if this macbook came with leoparda and if i can buy the snow leopard upgrade? or do i have to buy the full version? the prob is that i live in venezuela and its very expensive here...and i will buy it through internet and have some friend bring it...

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

Asking for help with pirated (downloaded) versions of OSx is piracy and the rules state we're not allowed to give help for it.

10. frango9000 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry i didnt mean to break the rules, i thought that owning a mac with macos is owning the license, and if i have the license then i can use backup disks, and backups is the only thing i can use atm considering that i lost the disks, so technicly im not using pirated versions... please guys correct me if im wrong, i dont want to break neither forum rules nor apple rules

thanks