macbook insurance (UK) please advise

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bob2131, Jun 7, 2010.

1. bob2131 macrumors 6502a

hi, im very worried about losing my macbook when im out and about, and even of it being stolen from my home or car.

what are my options with insurance?
    are they companies that just insure you for laptops and such items when you are out and about? theft as well as accidental damage or misplacing and losing items.....?

im looking at getting home insurance at my new apartment, so i might get laptop included in that, they are saying laptop cover is £56 for 12 months. does that sound reasonable?

but the laptop has been upgraded with more ram and bigger hard drive, so the value is the total of the new parts + the original macbook price?

thankyou for any help.

2. NSK123 macrumors regular

NSK123

Sounds reasonable, but you should call around to different insurance companies and get some offers.

Alot of stores that sell macbooks offer theft insurance for a number of years as an option too.

3. bob2131 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thankyou
    just done home insurance and added the laptop for in the property and outdoors. Ill shop around next time.

Now im thinking i should insure my two ipods, doe companys cater for little things like this?

i lost my iphone a few months ago, so took the £440 loss on the chin. Only had it a couple of months.