MacBook internal HD help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by grens, Jan 4, 2011.

1. grens, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011

grens macrumors newbie

My following problem deals with both MAC and PC. I know this is a MAC forum but I posted here a long time ago and recieved great results.

I've been researching my problem for the past two days and I have given up. I dropped my MacBook and it fails to work. I took the internal HD out in hopes of retrieving the content. I currently have the HD hooked up to a windows PC and my PC recognizes this. After researching why I could not view the contents of the MAC drive with current programs that allow me to do so, I found out the drive turned RAW. After over 10+ programs of trying to find a program that will allow me to explore the RAW MAC HD on my PC, I found 1 program, but I had to buy it in order to extract the files, it was a 200 dollar program, something I will not buy.

My question is, is there a better way of extracting the content of my MAC drive on my PC? I understand I'm using a PC and part of my problem pertains to one but that is all I have. Any recommendations on retrieving my content through certain programs would be great. Even programs that will allow me to at least retrieve my pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated it. Thank you.

edit: I also was thinking of trying to some how convert the RAW HD to HFS+ but I'm failing to find out how

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I'm sure about programs for doing this with a PC, but since you've gotten no responses I can give you a recommendation. Maybe you could take it to an Apple Store, and have them retrieve the data to an External HD?

3. grens thread starter macrumors newbie

I might have to do that. Will they actually do that for me if I provide them with the external hd?