Macbook internal webcam issue: No input sound

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by biggyv, Apr 22, 2010.

1. biggyv macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook with the internal webcam/microphone, and had been using it for video chat recently. In the last week or so, the people with whom I'm chatting can no longer hear me. The video is fine on both ends, and I can hear them, but they can't hear me.

I've gone to System Preferences > Sound > Input. Internal Microphone is selected, and from testing it, it appears to be fine. I've tried both Skype and GMail chat, so I don't think it's a software issue. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your thread title is a bit misleading, as there is no sound related to your webcam. The webcam is for video; the microphone is for audio. They're not related. Are you saying that when you go to System Preferences > Sound > Input that you see it responding to your voice, but not in your chat application? If that's the case, check the settings in your chat app. Which one are you using?

3. biggyv thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I suppose that is a bit misleading; my apologies. And yes, the input responds to my voice, so I imagine the chat app would be the issue, but I'm not figuring out what the issue might be. I've used Skype and GMail chat. The internal mic is the selected input on Skype; there aren't really any settings to change on the GMail chat, as that's a web-based app.