Macbook, internet/airport problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by superman1988, Nov 11, 2007.

1. superman1988 macrumors newbie

I just got the leopard update, and now (i do not know if it related to leopard or not) but my macbook will connect to the internet, but its very slow and when i close it without shutting it down it says the wi-fi signal is full strength but it won't get online with safari or ichat or anything, till i restart the computer that is. any insight into this problem? is my airport broken? is leopard the reason for it?

2. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

Had the same problem with my SR MB with Leopard. I since decided to upgrade to a 2.4 MBP but made sure to get one with the Leopard drop in and Tiger pre-installed. I've left Tiger for now and I'm having no problems at all.

I think I'm gonna wait until at LEAST 10.5.1 before I think about going back to Leopard on my lappy.

My iMac actually had the same problems with Leopard and connecting wirelessly but I've bypassed it by hooking up a Cat5 instead. Works for the iMac but I'm not teathering a laptop to my router. lol

3. bslax28 macrumors member

i'm having the same problem. whenever i'm on ichat, then close my computer nad put it to sleep, and then reopen, ichat wont start. everything else does. sometimes if i turn the airport off and restart it, ichat will work, sometimes not. sometimes hwen i quit ichat and restart it, it'll work, but sometimes not. this seems to be a leopard issue because i never had this problem with tiger. does anybody have any suggestions?