MacBook internet problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by happylittlemac, Sep 9, 2007.

1. happylittlemac macrumors member

I've got a really odd problem with my MacBook, it's just under a year old and has been well kept. I connect to the internet via a wireless router with WiFi, but in the last few days I've been unable to connect to some websites mostly it's been google.com it's not application specific I tried pinging google.com from the terminal and got nothing. Does anybody have any ideas whats going wrong?

2. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

You could double check and use another browser

3. happylittlemac thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply I did re-check again, the problem was not with the MacBook as it turned out, I took it over to a friends house and it worked fine, the problem is something to do with the wireless connection on the router. At least it's not the Mac at fault.

4. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

In that case upplug the modem and router, wait 10-30 secs, and plug them back in again (this is the way to reset my router, I think, some have a specific button. Try looking your reset directions and go from there)

5. JasonMac macrumors regular

JasonMac

I had the same problem a while back and turns out that turning off my modem and resetting it fixed the problem