Macbook Internet Slow

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by theWu, Sep 25, 2010.

1. theWu macrumors newbie

My roommate and I both have Macbooks. Mine is Late 2008 while his is early 2009 and is a Macbook Pro.

We live in an apartment with Rogers internet but for some reason my internet is a lot slower than his. We use airport.

I always have to wait for Youtube videos and web pages to load.

-----------------------

I have looked around for solutions on here and Google but am still at a loss... and have tried the DNS stuff but to no avail.

Can anyone help me out?

2. tpg macrumors regular

Which browser are you using? I'm wondering if it could just be that playing up. Easily tested by trying another one...

Also, you could try running an internet speed tester (e.g. http://www.speedtest.net/) on both your macs and compare the output.

3. theWu thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using Firefox.

I have 0.56 Mb/s DOWN, 0.50 Mb/s UP.

It is so sad! :(

4. theWu thread starter macrumors newbie

It might be a problem with my connection to the router actually...

because when I print using my wireless printer (which is sent info through the router), it usually takes a while for it to actually print it.

5. rarchy macrumors newbie

Did you find a solution? I also have very slow internet, all my other housemates (2 PC, 1 mac) are fine. I have tried with firefox and safari but both are slow.

Any suggestions?

6. theWu thread starter macrumors newbie

Still need help on the situation, still slow when I am wired in. Although it is situational when wired in.