Macbook - is it a good choice?(should i get one)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Danielk1989, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Danielk1989 macrumors newbie

Hello, i recently started college and it required you have a laptop, so i leased a laptop from the school, a lenovo t510 not sure if it was just the operating system changes they made or what they did, but this computer feels weak and like something is going to pop off of it. But basically i am wondering if a Macbook would be a good choice for someone working in the design field, and some light standard/hd video editing. They have decent graphics and can have 4gb of ram, so it has the required specs. I looked at the updates thing where it sais when to and not to buy, and it looks like around november the macbook will get a upgrade and stay at about 999.00 so what do you guys think the new specs will be?, and any idea about blu ray players and hdmi getting introduced in mac lineups?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The Unibody MacBook can have up to 8GB of RAM (unofficially), see MacSales for more about that.

Though the BuyersGuide might say November for a next update, it is expected that we get updates in early 2011 instead, otherwise it will only be a speed bump and upping the HDD capacity.

Blu Ray will be not included, especially on the low MB.
    HDMI can be had via a MDP to HDMI adapter, there is no room for an HDMI port there, unless one port goes.

And yes, a Mac would be quite okay within your work field, but it may be, that Mac OS X is not to your liking.

Also have a look at the following links to learn more about Mac OS X: