Macbook is running VERY slow!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Hamoodi, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Hamoodi macrumors member

My white plastic Macbook (1GB RAM, 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo), I got in April 07', has been running very slowly lately! I don't know why. Simple apps such as Safari give me the spinning wheel. Don't even think about running Skype and Safari. I really don't know why! In May I got an iMac and that day it did not seem as slow. I really can tell it is not what it used to be. Any tips?

2. DJLC macrumors 6502a

DJLC

You'll definitely want to upgrade your RAM. Especially if you plan to upgrade to Lion. Check crucial.com.

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I'd upgrade to 4 GB RAM (cheap) and a small SSD if you don't need storage space. If you do, perhaps look into a higher RPM or hybrid drive.

4. Hamoodi thread starter macrumors member

I am not planning on Lion for that Macbook. But my problem is, is that is running slow randomly for no apparent reason!

5. Hamoodi thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. I decided to just wipe the Hard Drive completely, re-install Snow Leopard, iLife 09', and update everything. Installing updates now... will let you guys now if this fixed the slowness! :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple: