Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ripfrankwhite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Well, my iSight isn't working anymore. This is the third time that I have to send it in for repair. The first time was the optical drive and then the camera. Now the camera again. It took three weeks last time. I hope this time is a lot quicker.

McGarvels

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2006
Irvine, CA
Seriously, you should just ask for a replacement macbook, it seems like this one is just destined to keep giving you some sort of problem. I think your best bet is to just talk to Applecare and have them give you a brand new machine. Just keep escalating the problem to some higher authority until you talk to someone who will do this for you. Hope it all works out.

Cheers

ripfrankwhite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
I've called them and they are sending it in for repair again. They said they couldn't replace it. I told them that I didn't want it repaired again and they said that's all they could do. He said that if it happens again that I should call a direct line to him. Lame.

2tallyAwesome

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2007
Apple policy is that they usually replace on the fourth repair.

I kicked and screamed to everyone that would listen on the third repair, but the refused to give me a new computer. They told me that they needed to try one more time. On the fourth repair, they gave me a new computer without even asking for it.

If this happens again I would DEMAND a new computer. Make sure you are talking to Customer Relations and not Tech Support.

ripfrankwhite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
I've been reading these forums about replacement machines, and if another problem arises, I am not going to settle for a refurbished machine. I want a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.