Macbook isight question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jgoody16, May 10, 2011.

1. jgoody16 macrumors newbie

Here's the deal I have a dual setup with my macbooks. I have a 13'alum and 13'black macbook. When I am not home I allow my roommate to use my black mackbook because it is the one i leave locked at home. I suspect he is stealing out of my room but can not prove it. I have checked other threads but they all require a program to be actively running, which would defeat my purpose because he can just close the big photobooth app that is open. I have tried using screen recycler and jollyfastvnc to keep both screens active on the computer left at home but after a while it gets disconnected and only one active screen remains leaving photobooth open. I do use ARD which allows me to observe both screens remotely and I have Dyndns to keep the ip address updated. there are a couple roommates and this has happened twice already so i did research but can not find a solution. what i am looking for is if there is something i could use that lets me see through my isight without using an app remotely? is this even possible? it's just everyone has a mac in the house and knows i use ARD on my two computers. If anyone knows of something that will allow me to remotely see through my macbook's isight without opening up an app would be great.

2. Notibely macrumors newbie

Notibely

Vnc

Im not sure exactly what your looking to do and I dont think they have anything like that but you can VNC into your mac and turn on photo booth to see through the I-sight but thats the best you can probably do.

3. simsaladimbamba

Can't you communicate that you don't want the MB be removed from its place? Why the need to spy?

What happens if you are successful with your spying attempt and see, that you flatmate is removing the MB from its place?

You could also just buy a Kensington Lock and tie the MB to the table.

4. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

5. jgoody16 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx the 1 I leave home is the 1 that is locked. The problem is not with the room mate taking the MB but with other stuff within the room. they all have macs and will see photobooth open i've tried that but thanks