Macbook issue, password upgrade to 10.6

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dyzio, Dec 18, 2009.

1. dyzio macrumors newbie

OK so i bought this macbook its a 2.0 duo 60 gb 1 Gb ram, anyway the guy said he would give me the password to admin account when he gets back home or whatnot, so i get home and the guys phone number dnt work and he is vanished.

ok now that i got this macbook no password, i cant log in, it even has a good hint but i cant figure it out. now it didint come with any cd or nothing so.... I dowloaded 10.6 dmg image, converted it to a iso using some java app, burned in imgburn and it couldnt find a layer break or sumfing so i burned it anyway. but the os that it came with is 10.5 now i just wanna be able to wipe and reinstall 10.6 on it
    when i put the cd in it asks for password
    when i boot from cd it says some necessary files are missing (circle with a diagonal line through it)
    so i really got nothing to play with.
    please any help will be helpful, obviously

but im excited about my new mac and cant wait to get some serious photoshop and dreamweaver going on it.

thanks in advance for any help this is like the best forum out there been reading for year now i actually registered due to a the new purchased

thanks

dyzio

2. dyzio thread starter macrumors newbie

well i think i found something

mac os x leopard install dvd5 bootable seems to be a single layer copy of the necessary components of leopard and with this cd if it claims to be bootable i would be able to reset admin pass

im going to be burning with trans mac any body likes using that program, is it reliable to makea bootable disc?

3. iVoid macrumors 65816

Hate to throw water on your party, but it sounds like the macbook was stolen. Guy sells it to you, goes on a trip, then vanishes without giving you his password. Seems pretty fishy to me.

But yeah, you'd need to boot up from a 10.5 or 10.6 install disk and do the password reset.