macbook issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 64tbird, Oct 10, 2009.

1. 64tbird macrumors newbie

hi i am pretty new to macs. i have a macbook pro and think i have some sort of bug in it. i know there are supposedly no virus' for macs but it acts liker there is one. every once in awhile safari closes all my open pages or tabs and up comes a box the says ignore, report, or relaunch. i have reported it a time or two and no response. i was thinking maby there is some virus scan or clean up software or something. i will admit this computer has seen some questionably websites but i could be on yahoo and just yahoo and it still dose it randomly please help thank you

2. 64tbird thread starter macrumors newbie

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

No, you don't have a virus, and you (seriously) don't need to worry about viruses on your Mac. So no worries there!

The problem you're seeing is usually a software problem and isn't too difficult to fix, provided you know the exact issue. Unfortunately, this could be occurring for several reasons -- all of which are easy to fix, but difficult to determine why.

If I were you, I'd find the discs that came with your computer, and do what's called an "Archive and Install". This will re-install the files needed for your Mac to work, but it will keep all of your files safe and untouched. There's instructions on how to do it on Apple's website.

By the way, your other option is to call Apple. They're really, really helpful!

4. 64tbird thread starter macrumors newbie

sweet thank you i will try that when i find the discs lol