Macbook June 2009 model - New screen but no backlight!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by UK-Robbie, Feb 11, 2014.

1. UK-Robbie macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    I have got this Macbook June 2009 model of eBay for a low cost. :D
    It came from the USA and as been shot by a BB gun. The guy did not say that it as been shot by a gun, but i can make it out. He as put that somebody sent him the Macbook. :)

Anyway i have now got the Macbook and the screen was a right off. The display was not working with holes init and the front class was broken.

So i have got this new screen off eBay and front class to do the Macbook up then i can sell the Macbook off.

The screen is the right model part as i have sent the guy on eBay the model number part and he sent me a link to the new screen i needed.

I have only fitted the screen in and i can see life with desktop icons showing, but the backlight off the display is not working. it's all dark with no life.

I have been looking up about the problem i'm having and people say try resetting the ram and video card settings by holding down keys when booting up the Macbook.

I have had ago unplugging the cable on both sides to see if the cable was not in right, but still not having any luck on getting the backlight to work.

Have any body got any ideas what can be the problem i'm having?

Thank you very much.

Robert :D

2. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

Sounds like the inverter in the screen you were sent is dead.

I'd ask for a replacement or buy a new inverter (if they can be changed on these screens).