Macbook Just Dies!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by branharrison6, Nov 12, 2007.

1. branharrison6 macrumors member

I am having an issue lately in where my macbook will die when it is not on the charger. If my macbook is not plugged in to an outlet and using the charger it will die. As soon as I unplug the charger within 2-3 seconds the computer will power down. I then press the power button to re boot it and it will turn on and then again within 2-3 seconds die....

Is this a problem with my battery? Can I send it in to apple and just get a new battery for my macbook?

If anyone knows or has dealt with this, please tell of your story/solution

Thanks,
    Brandon

2. BadlyDrawnGirl macrumors member

Just sounds like a faulty battery. I had a friend whose iBook did this and she just had the battery replaced by Apple. Shouldn't be a big issue.

3. branharrison6 thread starter macrumors member

Would I be able to go into my local applestore and have them do it there? Or do I have to send in my computer to apple?

4. stellarceltic macrumors member

Believe it or not, I just got back from my local Apple store because I was having the same exact problem.

I brought my MacBook in, they realized it was a faulty battery, and just tossed a new one on there. I was in and out in 15 minutes. Didn't have to spend a dime.

5. BadlyDrawnGirl macrumors member

As per the above post, you might be able to get them to replace it there, depending on how many replacement parts they have on hand. If it's a smaller branch they might have to send it away (my friend's got sent away).