Macbook just won't see Airport extreme base station.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gibba, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Gibba macrumors newbie

Hi there,

A weird one I need help with. We have 3 macs at home and an iPhone that have all been joining my airport network with no problems since day one. A few days ago my girlfriend's Macbook just stopped seeing our network on her machine. All are now running 10.5 and were fine as they were with 10.4

My MBP and iMac are fine. Nothing has been changed on the MB and it still sees out neighbors networks and works ok anywhere else.

Can anyone shed any light on this as I am baffled.

I've tried everything I can think of and it just won't see that one base station at all.

I've just done a complete erase and install of Leopard and it's still not seeing the base station.

Thanks in advance.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. Gibba thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried resetting the base station and still no change. The macbook will still see ad join any other network. The other Macs in the house still work fine. No settings have been changed on the macbook.

I'm mystified!

4. smogsy macrumors 6502a

you using 10.5.1? there few problems atm with it with base stations heard it on the apple forum you might want to look it up. :D

5. Gibba thread starter macrumors newbie

All the macs on the network are running 10.5.1 with no problems except for the one macbook.