macbook keeps asking to restart!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ksabek, Dec 15, 2009.

1. ksabek macrumors member

hey last week my macbook crashed and it turns out its a hard disk failure, so i fixed it and restored it using time machine, after restoring it i restarted it then when the apple logo appears, a box saying to restart the computer by pressing the power button in a couple of messages!!!! i restart then the same thing!!!! what to do!! i have exams and projects i need my mac!!:(
    just a note: the mac was working properly after fixing the hard disk before restoring!

2. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

Is the computer under a year old and/or do you have AppleCare? Bring into the Apple store and have a Genius take a look.

3. goMac macrumors 603

"Fixing" the hard disk?

It sounds like your hard disk is hosed. You need to buy a new one, or get a new one under warranty.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

What you're getting is referred to as a "Kernel Panic," just so you can talk to tech support about it if you have AppleCare.

Sounds like either the Time Machine restore messed up, or you need to repair permissions after the restore, which is best done using the Disk Utility tool on the OS X DVD.

5. ksabek thread starter macrumors member

ya they changed and installed a new hard drive...im trying the hard disk repair thing now
    so i think the problem is that my time machine drive is corrupted or something, so im restoring my mac using the restore cds then update it to snow leopard then just take individual files from my time machine drive till i fix it....how could i fix the drive? is there a simple fast way...or i should just get a new one?!