Macbook keeps disconnecting from internet

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by metalstorm, Jan 31, 2015.

1. metalstorm macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a macbook 7.1, Ive bought it in mid 2010.
    And recently it keeps disconnecting from the internet, and I cant reconnect. Ive tried almost anything, and the only way to reconnect is to turn my mac off entirely, and then turn it back on. Only to be able to have an internetconnection for 10-20 minutes. Then it disconnects again, and I have to restart my mac once again.

Its extremely annoying to restart the entire time, and this makes it basically impossible to do some other tasks which require a stable connection for a longer period of time.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Is this wireless or Ethernet?

Are you running Yosemite?

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I just had no end to connection problems until I replaced my wireless router. It got to the point where I had to reset the router several times a day.
    Now, I don't notice the router at all (which is how it is supposed to work, eh :D )

Any possibility that your router is failing like mine?

4. metalstorm thread starter macrumors newbie

Its wireless, and Im running mavericks, didnt feel like upgrading yet.
    Also, when I try to try to reconnect by turning off the little wifi signal, the icon changes and the button says turn wifi on as normally. But when I push that option, the wifi-icon doesnt change, and the option says turn wifi off. It just seems like nothing is happening.

(English is my second language, so I hope you understand)

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member