macbook keeps dropping internet

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Charliekid21, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Charliekid21 macrumors regular

omg this is becoming more of a problem everyday, i will be on ichat or safari and then my internet will just stop but i will still be connected. I am almost positive that it is leopard because when this happens the only thing that will fix it is by restarting, it only takes half a minute but this shouldnt happen2

2. jeff3221 macrumors regular

Many people have had this problem with leopard, including me. I find recycling my router works. Leopard 10.5.2 is supposed to address this problem.

3. Charliekid21 thread starter macrumors regular

alright thanks

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Join the club! When 10.5.2 all of these problems will be fixed *knock on wood*

5. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Welcome to the club! Check out this link on the Apple discussion forums: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1008143&tstart=15.

Anyway, tons of us are experiencing this problem, which seems to have few solutions, or none. The Leopard 10.5.2 update is supposed to fix it, but we can't know for sure. Apple has never acknowledged the issue, which is a shame, considering the number of users that experience it. It's possible related to power consumption (when not plugged in to your power adaptor), or your wireless card, or 3rd-part wireless routers, or who knows what else. But it's not your problem, it's apple's, and it's not acceptable.