macbook keeps freezing and not working

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hijessie, Dec 7, 2010.

1. hijessie macrumors newbie

This has happened many times these 2 months!

so basically my mac would freeze completely either randomly when im online and the whole screen would freeze or when i try to shut down it will freeze and not shut down.

i use the power button to shut down but when i open again... i get stuck at the spinning circle and the apple logo but it will never load!

i insterted the os cd and held on to "C" to fix the permissions which it does but it still doesnt load!

The only way i got it to work is to reinstall Snow lepord... but the whole process is very annoying to have to do this so often.

my main question is what is going on? is there something wrong with me mac? I do leave it on 24/7 for a few day sometimes... but this never happens on my pc...

also if anyone can tell me how to fix such problems without having to reinstall snow lepord everything would be great too.

2. darknite38 macrumors regular

Try taking it to the Apple Store. If you recently installed your own ram try replacing it with the original.

MRoogle your questions before you post.

3. hijessie thread starter macrumors newbie

can someone help me please? it happened again today even though i just reinstalled the os yesterday...

i didnt even download anything other then the update for the os. so i have no idea why this keeps happening.