Macbook Kernel Panic

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by shawnpringle, Feb 2, 2009.

1. shawnpringle macrumors newbie

My macbook recently had a kernel panic while running Leopard i got from the previous owner. (restart screen at turn on, would keep showing it.) I re-seated the ram, tried with one out and one in, vice versa, reset the PRam, the NVRAm the EVERYTHINGram, still no go.
    I reinstalled the os using the install disks that came with my macbook, but of course it had to come with tiger, so now im back in circa 2006.
    I also have a macbook pro. Would i be able to use the macbook pro's CD on my macbook to give me Leopard?
    Thanks guys.
    By the way, i called apple store and they gave me some BS about not being able to install leopard if the machine originally came with Tiger, all after i explained my situation.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You cannot use the software restore discs from one Mac on another Mac, even to upgrade the operating system. They have different device drivers. And why would you expect the store to put Leopard on there for free if you can't prove you previously installed it on there or had a legal copy? If they did that, then they would also have to give you the disc to reinstall it with in the future. Consider getting the Mac Box Set which has OS X Leopard, iWork '09, and iLife '09 for $169, which is only $40 more than just OS X alone.

3. paolo- macrumors 6502a

Ask a few internet friend that bought "house-hold" multi-liscences and don't feel bad for taking one of their liscences. If you get my drift ;) No need to feel bad about that one.

I'm fairly sure the mbp disk won't work in a macbook.