MacBook Keyboard and Mousepad Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by troublesomekila, Feb 28, 2009.

1. troublesomekila macrumors member

I have a 2.0 Alu. MacBook and it was fine this morning everything was working, I decided I wanted to play CoD so I switched to my Windows side. Everything was working as well and then I decided I wanted to use Leopard again. Thats when I noticed I couldnt use my mousepad and the keyboard wasnt responding. A Mac "Genius" told me to reinstall Mac OS X through Bootcamp but how can I do that?

2. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

I would have thought that just holding down C with the DVD in the drive as the computer boots up would have been enough, nevermind fiddling with Bootcamp...

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Or CMD, although OP said they can't use the keyboard... OP, try this, have your MB plugged in to the mains, close the lid (put it to sleep) take out the battery, put it back in, does your KB/TP work now?

4. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

I'd forgotten about the battery trick, thanks. Also, try a regular USB keyboard (if its a Windows board, remember that the Win key is the Cmd key, the Alt key is Opt, and Ctrl remains the same) and see if you're able to type with that.