Macbook keyboard and trackpad seem to be freezing

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by misspaperwait, Mar 6, 2011.

1. misspaperwait macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a 2006 Macbook with 1gb of ram and an 80gb harddrive. I updated it to Snow Leopard just before Christmas and it seemed to work great, but in the last week or so it's started freezing constantly. I'd be online checking facebook or searching for something and it just stops. You can hear the fan going and the little white light on the front of the computer is still on and glowing but the keyboard and trackpad won't do anything. The caps lock light won't even turn on when i press the button and i can't move the mouse at all. I hate having to hold in the power button and reboot all the time and I'm hoping someone will have an idea on how to fix this problem? Thanks very much for any and all help you can give me :)

2. wicket73 macrumors newbie

I don't have a solution unfortunately, but have a similar problem. In the past week my keys have not been working properly. I sometimes have to press keys 2-3 times to get them to register. My Caps Lock is doing the same thing. The difference is I haven't changed anything on my computer. I've got a 2009 MacBook running 10.5.8. If I find anything out, I'll let you know.

I'm not sure, but you might wanna check and make sure 1GB RAM is enough for Snow Leopard.