Macbook Keyboard Cracked Case

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tonynz, Mar 9, 2009.

1. tonynz macrumors member

Hi guys

I have a Macbook that is out of warranty - the keyboard has been replaced before due to the known error of a cracked case.

However it has done it again - will apple warrant the known problem repair even though if it's a known problem?

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If you're talking about the cracked palmrest then Apple should fix it again. Not only is it a manufacturing flaw, but the palmrest/case they replace was warrantied for a year starting when they replaced it, not on the age of the machine.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I have the exact same problem and it has done it before too. Im going to ring Apple tomorrow as its late here, but from what im reading on the Internet they should fix it for free as it is a manufacturing defect to do with the magnets in the lid.

**And reading the terms and conditions on the back of my previous repair, Apple only cover defects on replacement parts for 90 days.**

4. tonynz thread starter macrumors member

It's been about 18-24 months since I had the Macbook keyboard replaced due to the crack - surely they would've fixed the issue with stronger plastic?

5. TheScavenger macrumors regular

This problem is well known by Apple and end users. They will replace it for free. Its about a 15 minutes fix at the Apple Store.