macbook keyboard keys

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Wanderer509, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Wanderer509 macrumors member

hi... so today i did something really stupid == i saw this speck underneath my return key so i wanted to wipe it away... what i did was rip a piece of tissue n slid underneath with lead... but hte stupid thing was i drew a line underneath my key after removing the speck == now i was trying to remove the return key... but that didnt turn out too pretty... so now i was wondering does anyone know a proper way of doign this? i knwo its kinda picky...

does anyone think apple store would know how to do it? hahaha i am still under applecare

2. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Let me see if I understand; you tried to wipe something from under your return key with a tissue that had pencil lead on it or something of the like and it made a mark under the key?

I know that there are ways to take out the keys on the keyboard, though I wouldn't advise doing it yourself. You could take it to the Apple Store and just ask them to pop out the key so you could clean under it, or look up if there are actually easy ways to take out the keys on the keyboard, however I personally am not sure if there are.

Long story short, there are ways to get the key out so you can clean under it, you just have to figure out how to get the key out (and how to put it back in).

And also, don't worry about being picky, something like that would kill me.