Macbook Keyboard no longer works

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nearlycried, Jun 9, 2015.

1. nearlycried macrumors newbie

I have no idea what I am going to do with myself. Basically the down button was obviously stuck (even though it didnt feel like it was) and was making everything scroll down, switched it off and back on again and nothing worked, it wouldn't light up and the only thing i can physically do is switch it on and off, not even safe mode works for entering my password.
    Now im left waiting for a few days for a genius bar appointment and now i'm really fearful that its water damaged and that's what caused it as my hair was wet and perhaps a stray drop somehow ruined my whole keyboard? because I most certainly have never dropped any substantial liquid on it?

Any ideas?

2. JoePa2624 macrumors regular

JoePa2624

When you talk to Apple, definitely don't mention the wet hair thing. Water wouldn't make a key stick so I'm wondering if something broke; possibly a wire connection or something. It's frustrating but Apple is typically really good at taking care of their customers.

Good luck!

3. Wallabe, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015

Wallabe macrumors 6502a

4. nearlycried thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi guys thanks for your responses, my keyboard is now working? I had an appointment scheduled for tomorrow but I'm assuming I probably should still take it in to see if its an actual problem cause thinking back I really don't think any part of it was damp at all.

But after reading up on previous horror stories I think I def will get a keyboard cover just so i never had this fear again.