Macbook - Keyboard not working

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mykweb, Mar 22, 2011.

1. mykweb macrumors member

Evening all

looking for a bit of help as this is freaking me out.

I have a white macbook, the santa rosa model. Late 2007

I had an issue with the invertor power cable. that is solved now as new cable was fitted.

I stuck the macbook back together and booted up. All ok. I then shut down. An hour later I powered on the laptop and I got the progress bar when booting up. Since then I can't get the keyboard or mouse to work.

However if I boot into windows they work fine. Also the power button works, as does the alt key to select the partitions and the c key to boot from CD rom.

I am currently running a check disk and repair, but wondered if anyone had had this before

Mike

2. mykweb thread starter macrumors member

update on this

managed to get the laptop to stop loading the progress bar by restoring an image off my backup hard disk.

Switched the laptop on today and the same bloody issue. No keyboard and mouse, It will now not let me press the ALT key to choose what partition to boot into (bootcamp) nor does the Caps lock key work

I have checked the ribbon on going from the keyboard and mouse to the logic board and it looks ok. I have take it out and blew some air duster in it as well.

The laptop powers on ok, and the usb mouse works

Any idea's

Mike