Macbook keyboard problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by miffed, Sep 16, 2007.

1. miffed macrumors member

(Firstly, I have searched to see if this is a recognised problem but not found anything - I apologise I have missed something, but I never seem to get a lot out of search functions !)

My Macbook is just out of guarantee

I have recently noticed the a few keys are not responding as they should - on an intermitant basis , for example , all will be going well , then all of a sudden , the right shift key & all the keys on the top row , from esc to F6 will stop responding , then , 5 minutes later , they will all be fine again

Being impatient and wanting is sorted quick , I did a clean install of OS X , thinking that would be the end of it - but it made no difference at all This pointed towards a hardware problem , so I ran the Apple Hardware Test , no joy (all fine) , and then to confirm this , I booted up XP via Boot Camp - to add insult to injury , XP works fine, no probs whatsoever

Any ideas or similar experiences ?

Wish I had got Apple care now !!

2. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

The problem with intermittent problems are that they are hard to diagnose because you have to be extremely lucky to reproduce it in front of the Apple techs. I remember my MBP has an intermittent speaker problem. My right speaker would go off sometimes for no apparent reason. Took it to the Apple service centre, they took a look at it said there was nothing wrong with it. It still happens now though but really rarely so thats ok for me. I say, just use it until it breaks like all the time and then send it in. I don't think it'll be that expensive to replace the keyboard