Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dough

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Hi guys..

New to this forum and I was wondering if the Macbook will evercome with a LED display and ambient light sensor for the screen and keyboard, Like the MBPs? I think the Macbooks were updated with bigger memory and faster processors earlier this year right? I wanna get a Macbook for it's portability but waiting for these features before i buy...:)

Thanks

Radough

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I'd say for sure eventually the MacBook will have an LED-lit display. The whole industry is heading in that direction. Exactly when however is anyone's guess.
As for the backlit keyboard, my guess (and just my own presumption) is that Apple will keep this as a feature on their 'Pro' line to maintain a clear feature-division between the two lines, mainly to limit sales of the less-expensive machines from eating in to the sales of the high-end models.

illidian

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
They're coming eventually.

Along with the multi-touch feature, these are the three things that the MBP has that the MB doesn't.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the LED screen and multi-touch functionality on the next revision of the MacBooks. The LED screen keeps Apple as a "green" company, and multi-touch is already done on the iPhones and MBA.

Luzzio

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Malaysia
it'll probably happen after the Macbook Pro has moved on to better things...

minorityreportni5.jpg

OZMP

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2008
the better lcd, backlit keypad and proper GPU are making me think of returning my blackbook... its a pity the black one looks so good

ralex

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2008
first time Mac USER

I am waiting for Apple to unveil their new upgrades in June 08. I am looking at getting the Blk. MacBook. I am a basic user but I like speed and portability. Any opinions?

Dough

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Thanks for the info!
i think I will just wait for now. Hope it'll be greater later tho-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.