MacBook - keyboard stopped working

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by manito2000, Jul 27, 2008.

1. manito2000 macrumors member

Hello everybody...

This AM i did a software update...keyboard was working fine. However, after about 1 hour my keyboard died on me. Right now I had to go to Fry's to purchase a USB keyboard...

Thankfully, the USB keyboard and Mouse are working... The MacBook's keyboard is completely dead...even the caps lock light does not flash... :(

Any suggestions?

2. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

3. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

Is the trackpad working? Also, did you shut down or restart after the SW update?

I ask because I had a similar issue once where the keyboard and trackpad weren't working, and the problem persisted between restarts. The solution in my case was the shut down the computer and then start it up from a cold boot. Of course, I tried this after calling Apple and getting very little help from the tech... :/

4. manito2000 thread starter macrumors member

Actually, initially it was not connected to a powersource. Since it was a Firmware update it told me that it would not proceed until it was connected to a power source.

I then connected the AC adaptor...but shut the lid. When I shut the lid I noticed that the MB was powering down...then it rebooted by itself.

After this...the keyboard and trackpad stopped working.

BTW...I also have the cracks in the area where my palms rests...from doing research in this forum and googling the issue...it appears that :apple: should be able to repair this.

I've got a 6:00pm appt (california time) today...I will udpate tomorrow once I go in to see what's the deal w/ my keyboard/track pad not working.