MacBook KVM switch question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fierywater, Sep 2, 2008.

1. fierywater macrumors newbie

I've got a question that's been driving myself crazy ever since I got my KVM switch.

I have my Windows desktop and my MacBook hooked up to the same monitor/USB mouse/USB keyboard via a Trendnet KVM switch. I have the MacBook open on my desk next to the monitor and use both screens when the switch is set to the laptop.

Now, my problem might not have an easy solution other than simply unplugging the display, but I'm annoyed by the fact that the MacBook still acts as if the monitor is there even after switching back to the desktop. In other words, I can still move windows over to the non-existent other screen and lose my cursor over there.

I'm guessing that the Mac's going to think that the monitor's there no matter what as long as it's plugged in. I'm okay with that, but I just figured I'd ask if there's any way I can get my Mac to realize that the display isn't there when the KVM switch is set to the desktop.

Thanks in advance!

2. kalex macrumors 65816

what is probably happening is that KVM is not compatible with MacOS. Try to see if u can find KVM that is supported by MacOS or use a remote control software