Macbook (late 2007) Nothing makes sense!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by szlachta28, Mar 7, 2011.

1. szlachta28 macrumors newbie

So.

I've recently been having trouble booting my computer. I have snow leopard, updated to the newest version. Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2. 4Gb Patriot Ram. 180GB HDD.

I replaced the hard drive, and the ram. I still encounter the problem.
    It will boot, but gets hung up on on the blue screen before the login screen appears (password).

I went to the genius bar and they cannot find anything wrong with it from diagnostics. Is there something else that could be causing this??

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It could just be corrupt data on the hard drive. Try booting from the OS install disk, and see if that does anything. If so, you could make a small partition, do a fresh install on that, then transfer what you can from the other partition.

3. DD3 macrumors newbie

I head the same problem just this morning... I tried everything safe boot repair volume from install dvd...

The only option is to create second partition do clean install and transfer your data.

If you have time machine the just do clean install...

I think is the only cure in this situation...

good luck ;)

4. szlachta28 thread starter macrumors newbie

New HDD

Heres the thing, though. When I put in the new HDD, I installed Snow Leopard in a clean install. There were no old files carried over...

Changed the RAM to brand new RAM, didnt do anything either.

When booting from the snow leopard dvd, it takes a LONG time too. (Longer than usual)

This can't be a hard drive or RAM issue, if I changed both things to new and started it as a clean install....right?:confused:

Thanks again guys for any help!

5. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Put your old RAM back in and try it again. Make sure it's seated correctly, also.

6. szlachta28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Already did that. Once the computer loads, though, it works as it has for the past 3 1/2 years. The only problem is booting, waking up from sleep, and shutting down. Other than that, the computer works as it has....:confused: