Macbook late 2008 Check list production problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Qruisse, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Qruisse macrumors newbie

Please post all the production problems affecting the new Macbook version A, so
    people who are willing to buy the new Macbook can check them in the shop.
    This is a rev A. product. Check these problems in the shop if you can.

What I ve found:

loose battery/HDD latch
    slanted function keys on the keyboard http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=588015
    trackpad misaligned
    mouse cursor moves by itself
    ofc check dead pixels :) read here on forum: 5 needed to get a new one.

2. li54am macrumors newbie

Hey...

ive also noticed that when i sit my macbook on a desk, it is wobbly... kinda like if u sit at a table with a dodgy table leg and u have to put something under the table leg to stabilise it. Has any one else noticed that?

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

somone mentioned it a few days ago

4. thetinman macrumors member

thetinman

I have the same problem, was gonna just live with it but its beginning to become more and more annoying as an essay progresses.

Thinking of chopping it in to Apple.

5. agentBasedMac macrumors newbie

I thought I had gotten one of the good ones and then yesterday as I was typing the comma key broke. Took it to the local authorized service place and they said I needed a whole new keyboard.

What is going on with quality control Apple?

6. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

People thinking about buying a new MacBook or MacBook Pro or who have recently bought one of these machines would do best to avoid the corresponding subforums. In all honesty there are far too many threads of bent consumers raging disproportionately to the issues they are having and skewing other people's view of these notebooks. While true that these rev. A machines are having some issues, as did the first Intel MacBooks when they came out (which actually may have been moreso), people with problems tend to get over animated and go a little nuts over the entire issue. Should you expect good quality from a new $1300-$3000 laptop? Yes. But if you spend time in these forums you may end up driving yourself insane over the small stuff. Buy. Use. Enjoy. Or don't. It's not that complicated. All these threads makes it a bit tougher to weed through and find substantial discussion when looking for information or tips on accessories and what not.

That's my $.02.

7. hmai18 macrumors 6502

Just how many of these checklist threads do people have to start in order to justify their decision to purchase or not purchase? :rolleyes:

8. jbee macrumors member

Check your facts

Unfortunately with the new MacBooks there DOES appear to be a BIG problem. The trackpads not working.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8459152#8459152

This is a serious issue and is extremely frustrating for many users.

9. pedestrian2019 macrumors newbie

This is the first run of a new line of Apple notebooks. Of course there are going to be problems. Why not wait a few months until the problems have been ironed out.

Edit: Not that this is a problem unique to Apple. This happens with all new products I am sure.

10. thetinman macrumors member

thetinman

Seeing as how its been over a month of having my macbook (purchased on 15th oct) can i still return it for an exchange?

This wobble is driving me mad!