Macbook Late 2008 low volume google no help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chundel, Feb 8, 2011.

1. chundel macrumors newbie

Hey ya'll so I'm having trouble finding a solution to an already known problem. The low volume in windows (I'm using windows 7), everywhere I look its the cirrus fix for THE 13 INCH MACBOOK PROs, now I'm having trouble trying to conclude what my audio is, Mac OS X (10.6) is saying that I have the Intel HD audio, while Win 7 is ok with the realtek HD drivers that give close to no sound, I cant even eat and watch tv cause my chews and crunches are louder...
    I would really like some help or a shove in the right direction (I'm stuck under 1, 000, 000 feet of water and no compass :p). I also can't go the XP route cause I have 4GB of ram, (using Windows 7 32bit with ready 4gb patch).

Macbook Aluminum Late 2008 2.0GHz Model

Thx a bunch

2. chundel thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so I have tried a bunch of older realtek drivers to no avail, does Intel even make audio chipsets? could I possibly need to use an Intel driver and the realtek just happens to somewhat work? I would seriously like to get proper audio out of my window side so i can flawlessly do whatever on whatever side I'm on.

3. Jesseeee macrumors newbie

Try this

Try this, if you haven't already

Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound

Select Speakers. Click Properties. Enhancements tab, then scroll down and check Loudness Equalization.

This solved the Windows 7 quietness problem on both my Macbook 5,2 and on a previously quiet HP laptop I have.

Let us know if this works for you.

Attached Files:

4. chundel thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Jesseeee that helped a little bit but it still sounds pretty low I know that laptop speakers are not suppose to be very good but I know they can go louder I can have a my own personal party with mac os X plus my left speaker is maybe 40 - 60 % lower then the right but windows says im "Balanced"

5. bradz71 macrumors newbie

Chundel,

This as suggested by Jesseeee:

Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound

Select Speakers. Click Properties. Enhancements tab, then scroll down and check Loudness Equalization.

PLUS this:
    Added even more volume for me:
    Check the box for equalizer. After checking the box, click the button with three little dots next to the settings drop down box. Slide all of the frequencies up to their maximum. Press save and give the preset a name.

After doing this, click on the "Levels" tab, and double check the "realtek HD audio output" is set to 100. If it works for you, please spread the word!

Brad