Macbook Late 2008 No Keyboard or Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nicoar10, Oct 15, 2013.

1. nicoar10 macrumors member

nicoar10

Hi guys, today arrived one macbook late 2008.
    No keyboard or trackpad working, just power button.
    When OSX is loaded keyboard or trackpad stop to work.

I fixed one A1286 with same problem replaced R5704 resistor but in this case no fix the problem.
    I attach diagram to try resolve this with your help ;)

Attached Files:

2. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Does the AHT bring up any errors? The power button is attached to the keyboard so it should work... Maybe clean the board with isopropyl alcohol, let it dry and try again? Maybe reinstalling OS X would help. Can you use it with an external KB and mouse?

3. nicoar10 thread starter macrumors member

nicoar10

Is not water damage board. Power button works apart from circuit, just on smc on/off.

4. MKk0456 macrumors newbie

Water Damagd MCP A1278 Suggesions

I kept my laptop by he window side from which splashes of rain water had trickled inside the track pad .
    Without knowing this i restarted my laptop by the morning of next day and i saw my screen with blue & black
    squiggles and the system started producing beep sound, so i switched it off by pressing the power button .
    even after two days of drying, if i switch on the machine ,fans runs inside & the beep sound is produced
    continuously along with the sleep light indicator, the screen appears dead , no response.

Can anyone figure out what possibly could be the damage for the machine ?

i have these doubts specifically - whether my logic board has compleely failed ? display failed ? which all parts should i replace by myself to make it working ?
    Data loss is not a problem

thank in advance

Plz reply