Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cemcr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
I have a late 2008 aluminum MacBook, 2.4 ghz, 4 Gb ram, 250 Gb hard drive, running Leopard 10.5.8. For almost a week now and with changes in the system or hardware, the computer is having a problem when coming back from sleep. If I'm working, close the lid, when I come back later, the computer does not respond, I get a dark gray screen, with no answer until the computer is shut off by holding the power button. Any idea?

marsmissions

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2010
Washington, US
Does your computer require a password when lifting the lid?

If so, try moving your finger in the track pad or touching some keys and see if your computer will wake up at that point.

Also, if you do have it set to require a password, try turning that feature off, does the display turn right on after?

I ask this because my laptop running snow leopard can sometimes take a good while, (upwards of 10 to 15 seconds, sometimes) to acknowledge that the password dialog box needs to be displayed. I simply turned the feature off and I have no trouble.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.