Macbook (late 2008) Wont Wake up from sleep! Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by osxkyle, Feb 11, 2010.

1. osxkyle macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone!

I bought my Macbook in 2008, it is a 13 inch, aluminum. I had the RAM upgraded to 4gigs. After I updated it from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 it quit waking up. I had to take this macbook back because the command key broke, the store replaced the computer. When I got home from the store I set-up my new Macbook and upgraded it from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6, same issue with the sleep. When I close the lid, and open it the screen remains black. I can hear the hard drive running, I then have to reboot by pressing the power button.

Now here is my question: Do you think the RAM is the issue? The store used that same RAM that was in the previous computer that had sleep issues. Do you think it is the RAM or something else.

Thank you for reading my long story, haha:D

2. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

If you are near the store take it back and show the genius.

When you try to wake it up is the cursor visible? I have an Intel Core Duo MBP 17". (almost 4 years old) From time to time it appears not to wake from sleep though the mouse icon is visible. I decided the problem was with the graphics and not the OS. When the laptop wakes from sleep the password field is already selected by default. So, when I get a black screen on wakeup I just type in my password and hit return. As long as I haven't clicked anywhere before doing this the screen now comes to life. So you might try this.

If you think you screwed it up just close the lid and let it go back to sleep and try again. Sometimes I've seen that this alone will clear the problem.